Monday, July 13, 2009

Pizza anyone?

Ah yes, the food page has been dusted off to share something that I made this weekend. Well, minus pics since I forgot to take any!

Here's what I made:

The Best Pizza Dough
May 11th, 2009 by jenna

2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/3 cup warm water
1 packet yeast
1.5 tsp sea salt
In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water and yeast. Stir in the salt and flour and mix on medium high speed on your KitchenAid for 5 minutes. While the mixer is going, drizzle in the olive oil. When the dough is soft and elastic, take out of the bowl, rub with olive oil and then place back in the bowl, cover with a dish towel and let rise for one hour. After the dough has doubled in size, cut in half to make two large pizza doughs or make mini doughs. You could also do what I like to do and freeze the dough in a plastic baggie for another time! When you are ready for your pizza, roll out the dough, cover with your toppings and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.

You could also make this dough without an electric mixer…..just knead by hand for about 8 minutes and then follow above steps! I’ve made it by hand many, many times and it always comes out right.


This turned out pretty good though I'm sure not exactly how pizza dough should be!

We made it into a BBQ Chicken Pizza. Holy YUM!

Our creation was topped with the following:

Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce
Red Onion (sliced)
Chopped chicken
Pineapple tidbits
Bacon (I used the "real bacon" in the salad dressing aisle)
Pizza cheese

It was super yummy & even reheated nicely for lunch leftovers today!

I highly recommend you try this dough with your pizza faves!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm sounds great! I love Sweet Baby Ray's if I am buying a bottled BBQ sauce.

    I have a no fail chicken recipe - it sounds odd, but the chicken comes out so delicious and moist. Combine one bottle BBQ sauce (I use SBR's with brown sugar), one can of soda (I use Coke Zero usually - it should just be a cola of some sort - diet or regular) in a crockpot and mix until combined. Add in skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I cook up 2-3 lbs at a time) and top with thinly sliced yellow onions. Cook for several hours (I usually do an hour or two on high, then lower to low for a few). The chicken comes out so great, if you cook it for a longer length of time it begins to fall apart and can be used for shredded sandwiches, but I usually cook it for less time and eat the pieces whole. They taste great cold or warm and reheat really well since they are so moist.

    ReplyDelete