Monday, September 14, 2009

Easy breakfast casserole

It's been awhile since I posted on the "eats" page but I made a really tasty casserole & wanted to share! The basic idea came from a bodybuilding magazine but since I cannot remember which one I cannot give proper credit!

What you need:
Package of ground turkey sausage (I get the Jenny-O sweet italian sausage links)
Package of frozen hash browns (just the regular ones that only lists potatoes as the ingredient)
1 dozen eggs (dont be scared!)
1 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese
1/4 cup of skim milk

What you do:
Cook the sausage (I squeeze the meat out of the casing) & while that cooks combine 9 egg whites, 3 whole eggs & the milk in a bowl.

Spray a 13x9 pan with Pam & layer in half a bag of shredded potatoes (frozen.) Then top with the cooked sausage, then the cheese & pour the egg mixture over the top.

Bake at 400 until the eggs are completely cooked (about 30 minutes.)

This was really tasty & even reheats well in the microwave!

Enjoy!

Note: This makes 8 servings with a WW Points value of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment